Checkin : 13:00Checkout : 12:00
Life at Altitude Moksha follows a certain pace that is dictated by nature. With limited cellular data connectivity, Altitude Moksha offers ample space in time to connect with your own self. Rhododendron, Oakwood and Pine forests create a dense canopy to hide this herbs farm from the nearby villages.
A 4.5 acres herbal farm at an altitude of 1900 meters above sea level, Altitude Moksha at Gussain is located in the remote Himalayan region of Dhar Payakoti, close to Kirtinagar in Uttarakhand. With almost 4.5 hours driving distance from Rishikesh on the Badrinath highway, Gussain is located at the road’s end taking a detour from Kirtinagar. Kirti Nagar is the closest town, with a 45 minutes driving distance. The road ends at a village called Mandhar. Gussain is a 30 minutes trek after leaving the road. Our staff will meet and greet you at Mandhar. For people driving to Altitude Moksha, cars must be parked at a dedicated car park at Mandhar.
Situated amidst dense pine and grey oak forests, Altitude Moksha witnesses its fair share of flora and fauna with abundant wildlife to watch. Herbs under cultivation include Rosemary, Oregano, Thyme, Nepeta, and Lavender. Kiwi plantations have been initiated at the farm along with different varieties of Dandelions and Chamomile.
Altitude Moksha boasts of four traditional stone cottages and two earthbag cottages served by pure Himalayan spring water and electrical supply that can be termed erratic at best. Solar lights have been made available for common areas. Traditional style cooking mixed with pure ingredients acts a cherry on the pie.
The farm always experiences cool weather, no matter what season it is. Sunshine during the summers can be strong, typical of high altitude regions. But a warm pullover is always welcome.
The setup at Altitude Moksha – Gussain in terms of accommodation is basic and non-luxurious with basic bedding, basic washrooms but experiences that are rare and not available elsewhere. Food is served in a common sitting area with no room service. Since we are located in the middle of a forest, we would need sufficient notice if any special requests need to be made regarding food and any other special requirements. Guests are recommended to carry their own flashlights and travel lite. Porters can be arranged at minimal costs.
Just spend time doing nothing for a change and experience the body clock sync with nature. No deadlines, No schedules, No Noise. Just You interacting with Yourself. Try it for a change.
*_Activities at Altitude Moksha_*
(Organized for pre-booked groups of more than 9 guests. The guests are encouraged to participate in daily farm activities and take advantage of the environs for yoga and other well-being activities.)
- Trekking/camping and jungle survival techniques.
- Rosemary, Lavender, Oregano and other exotic herb farm's tour.
- Corporate team building exercises.
- Guided lessons in Permaculture farming.
- Earthbag Cottage building workshops.
- Disaster management courses (Forest Fires/Flood Relief).
- Himalayan village tour.
- Educational tours on native Himalayan flora and fauna.
- Living on an herbal farm. Learn the cultivation of exotic herbs.
- Yoga in the most pristine Himalayan environment.
- Live among the locals to experience the authentic Himalayan way of life.
- Traditional Himalayan medicine.
- Music festivals.
- Experience living in stone and mud cottages.
- Learn the cultivation of Kiwi fruit.
- Picnic beside natural Himalayan springs.
- Detox treatments and natural Himalayan herbs foot soak.
- Campfires and bushcraft.
- Stargazing and star identification sessions.
- Visit an ancient Shiva temple (Unknown to rest of the world).
- Meditate under a Rudraksha tree.
- Learn traditional Himalayan cooking with wild herbs.
- Taste fresh Rosemary/Rhododendron tea.
- Witness the making of herbal salts (a local delicacy).
Altitude Moksha welcomes guests, corporate training groups, school and college study groups interested in studying Himalayan flora and fauna.
- Altitude Moksha is open 24 hours, with no restrictions on check-in time. However, we recommend you to plan your travel to arrive during daylight hours. Checkout time is 12:00.
- From the age of 5 to 15 years, young people must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and may be accommodated in a single-gendered shared room with the parent or guardian and other guests, at the discretion and responsibility of the parent or guardian. The young person/people, the parent/guardian and the other occupants of the room must be of the same gender.
- Parties with young children should carry their required medications; supplies as arranging for the same would be difficult.
- Since the property is located on a mountain and requires walking, trekking to reach, all guests are encouraged to read the description carefully and consider their fitness levels before booking this property.
- Cancellation: This property has a 3-day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
- In order to cancel or amend your booking, you need to contact us at email@example.com.