Checkin : 12:00Checkout : 11:00
Alishan eco-home is India’s first permaculture-based earth bag art-itecture build by earth and handcrafted by us. We used the ancient architecture technologies like soil, wind catcher and Eco cooler in the dome concept built to promote agrotourism and Sustainable buildings.
The project is nurtured with local empowerment by training the villagers, and using recycled materials like fly ash too. The Alishan is equipped with off grid solar energy system for 24 hours power supply.
Earthbag construction technique is widely used in the disaster-affected areas for longer survival of the structure. Some have quoted its sustainable quality of up to 100 years. Adding to the base idea of Earthbag construction, I have added wind turbine to reduce the moisture and humidity in the structure. The Eco cooler concept is based on Venturi effect reducing the 4-5 degree temperature more of the structure, thus the wide earthbag and Eco cooler is resulting to reduce overall 12-15 degree of outside temperature in cities like Nagpur (Yes, we won’t need air conditioner or cooler). More importantly, it’s completed in half of the cost of RCC and brick structure. Well equipped by CCTV, embedded furniture based on DIY, and spacious interiors is a USP of the project.
The art-itecture what I call is to beauty of structure is an eye catchy domes surrounded by greenery resulting in the name “ALISHAN”.
The concept in Alishan is the place for - Art studio, homestay, hydroponics farming, photoshoot point, conference and event hall, as well as co-working space.
- Children of any age are welcome.
- There is no capacity for cots at this property.
- The maximum number of extra beds allowed depends on the room you choose. Please check the maximum capacity for the room you selected.
- There is no age requirement for check-in
- Free! Pets are allowed on request. No extra charges.
- In order to cancel or amend your booking, you need to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.