Checkin : 13:00Checkout : 11:00
'BY THE BAY'- is located in a village called Kalbadevi, just 12kms from Ratnagiri City and 19 km from Ganpatipule. It is hidden inside a dense patch of coconut trees. The virgin beach and deep blue sea are situated just 4 minutes away. Those who wish to experience village life, this is the place. It accommodates the family very well.
Our homestay, situated in a beautiful village, Kalbadevi, on Konkan coast and in Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra, offers lovely tropical paradise away from all the hustle-bustle of cities. The homestay is tucked away in a very dense plantation of coconut, mango, Chiku, jackfruit, etc.; Tu's offer pollution-free and healthy environment for the nature lovers.
The vicinity of the sea at the backside of homestay is an ideal romantic getaway with only the lapping of waves and white sands to keep you company. Simplicity being the motto, the homestay has eco-friendly vibes.
The homestay offers a spacious living room with relaxing chairs and a dining table at the ground level. A kitchen is provided only for basics like tea, coffee, Maggi NOT for extensive full meal cooking for lunch or dinner. Two separate bedrooms are located at the backside, one at ground level and other at first-floor level.
Guest will have access to -a living room which is double-height space, 2 bedroom s, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, verandah & outdoor area.
Kitchen- can be used only for tea, coffee & Maggi, not for full meal cooking.
Bedroom @first floor has air conditioning.
Bathroom @ ground floor - it has gas geyser for hot water. European WC, hot shower.
Bathroom @ the first floor- it has European WC, shower facility
- Cancellation policy: 2 days before arrival.
- Check-in from 13:00.
- Check out before 11:00.
- Don't expect a hotel. It is a very simple house.
- Please smoke outside or on the balcony. Kindly take care of your own house.
- Get your expectations clear before booking.
- Don't use Electric geyser/mixer, any heavy types of equipment with AC together. Electricity will Tripp off immediately.
- Kindly switch off all the lights, fans, AC, Geyser, Fridge before going out.
- Don't put lime, food, fruits, drinks or any acidic things on the Floor, it gives permanent marks on the floor. Please use mats or newspapers. Or use the dining table.
- Please use Electric geyser carefully.
- Kindly use less plastic, share your ideas how can we avoid using plastic.
- Music after 9 pm is not allowed, it is in the silent zone, neighbors will complain.
- Network - Vodafone has connectivity, Airtel, Jio has no connectivity.
- During the rains, a path around the house & walkway to the beach gets muddy & slippery. (Also the Walkway which is outside our property up to the sea)
- Electricity is interrupted frequently, hence be prepared for romantic candlelight dinner. Also, every Monday Electricity is disconnected from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm for maintenance purposes.
- No electrical power back up is available, But candles are available in case of emergency.
5) There is no caretaker or servant available, hence you will be on your own to enjoy the beauty of personal space and time.
- The kitchen sink Tap is connected to the property well. This water is safe to drink. Or else one can carry mineral water bottles along.
- This homestay is hidden and not to be found on any boards by the roadside. We get in touch with our guests for the direction which all the more enhances the essence of the village life.
- It generally gets very dark & silent in the vicinity at night. So it is preferable to reach this destination well in advance before it gets too dark. By road, it takes to 9 to 10 hrs from Mumbai or Pune including breaks. Once it gets dark, difficult to search and reaches the destination.
- Music after 9 pm is not allowed, it is in the silent zone being a quiet village, and we don't wish to offend our neighbors.
- There are no shops & restaurants in the village, get mineral water, milk & food items from Ratnagiri city or Ganpatipule before reaching this destination.
- The parking lot is available in front of the homestay - @ owner's risk. (Avoid parking below coconut trees.)
Other things to note
It's a very basic home, to stay not a hotel/resort. No room service. Its a quiet & hidden place. No signage on the roads so guests need to reach before sunset and need to follow the map posted in the pictures. Avoid reaching a house in night, it will difficult to find the place. It will give you village life experience that is for sure. Please do not come with high expectations.
You need to leave the home clean, nit as it was kept when you enter in.
23. In order to cancel or amend your booking, you need to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.